Monday, April 19, 2010

CINCO DE MOUSE O, by Judy Cox Posted by Mrs. Schauer

CINCO DE MOUSE-O
Judy Cox
AR: Not Yet
Interest Level: Lower Grades

The cover on this book got my attention immediately. I wish I could order it for the library in time to have it for the first week of May, but we'll have to wait until next year for this one--it's already in a shopping cart online, ready to be ordered.

CINCO DE MOUSE O is the tale of a little mouse who wakes up to wonderful smells and when he follows his nose, he finds himself in the middle of a festival. He feasts on the crumbs that people drop: tacos, tamales, chorizos, and flan. All the while he's enjoying the festival, he's eyeing a donkey-shaped pinata, trying to figure out how to get into it and the candy that's inside. He doesn't notice, that while he's enjoying himself and scheming a way to get to the pinata, a cat is also scheming a way to pounce...on him!

I enjoyed this book--especially the colorful artwork and pictures that really came alive, and reminded me of enjoying Fiesta in San Antonio when I was a little girl.

No comments: