Friday, December 07, 2007

Breathtaking...

MOSES: WHEN HARRIET TUBMAN LED HER PEOPLE TO FREEDOM, by Carole Boston Weatherford
AR Level: 4.0 Points: .5

"Well done, Moses...well done."

This book left me speechless. The artwork is absolutely phenomenal. I had goose bumps and tears in my eyes throughout my experience of reading this book. The story tells not only of Harriet Tubman’s physical journey and its tribulations; it also describes her spiritual journey through her prayers and conversations with God. Throughout the book, God speaks to her and keeps her grounded in faith which gives her the certainty that she will survive. The foreword at the beginning of the book as well as the author’s note at the end provides much information about Harriet Tubman.

Teachers: This would be a great book to use during Black History Week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this link, but unfortunately it seems to be offline... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if someone here at pettuselem.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
John

Mrs. Schauer said...

I'm not sure what you mean. The blog entry is there in its entirety

Anonymous said...

Hello,

This is a question for the webmaster/admin here at pettuselem.blogspot.com.

Can I use part of the information from this blog post above if I provide a link back to this website?

Thanks,
Alex

Mrs. Schauer said...

Absolutely--feel free to use it.